Happy Friday! It's been a while since I've posted a "Fitter in a Minute" segment! Today's goes along with my baby-themed week as a perfect pre-natal strength exercise, but really is awesome for ANYONE!! It gets tough to film yourself as your body is changing but I'm taking one for the team today to demonstrate these rotating squats!When I was running more, I used these as a dynamic warm-up. It's helpful to activate the glute muscles before heading out on a run! I also love to do these as a part of a strength circuit. I've been doing them a lot in the second trimester, as I've been dealing with some lower back pain. I've found doing glute and hip exercises has really helped stabilize my back and decreased my pain. Staying active in general really helps me feel better, so it's great to find pregnancy friendly exercises that I love!
why i love this move
- Sitting way back helps activate your butt muscles. Good for stabilization and a firm tush!
- Rotation and Extension is a great way to work your deep core. If you're pregnant, there are less abdominal exercises to do, so this is a great way to engage those important muscles
- Strengthening your hips is key for runners and future baby-birthers alike!
- You can pretend you're one of Charlie's Angels.
Yikes! Filming yourself at 28 weeks pregnant is a little nerve-racking!
what about you?
- Do you have a favorite squat variation?
- How about a favorite pre-natal exercise?
Disclaimer: Although I am an AFAA certified Personal Fitness Trainer, you should consult a physician before starting any exercise program or diet. If you choose to do any workouts on this website, you do so at your own risk.