This past weekend marked the kick off of our VERY FIRST #StrollerStrongVirtualRun. We've had stroller strong mamas from coast to coast sign up to run together virtually with their kiddos and words can not even express how much fun it has been connecting with so many of you and following your stroller squads on your adventures!
Because my co-host Sara (Grace and Grit) and I live in the same community (heck, we live across the street from each other!) we knew we had to do something special for the kick-off, so we rounded up all of our local #StrollerStrong mamas and did a 2 mile fun run/walk together! It's super simple to put together your own virtual run meet-up - so if you want to do your virtual run with friends - you can read how HERE!
Here are a few simple, fun things we did to make it extra awesome!
- Made a finish line with a banner from the Dollar Store (or one like this)
- CHALK! We brought chalk to mark the course, but it ended up being the perfect thing to keep kiddos busy before and after we ran!
- Snacks! Of course - we know the slogan by now "Run Fast. Bring Snacks". I had a simple basket of bananas and mini raisin packs for the kiddos to grab and enjoy on the run.
- Shoe Drive! Since this virtual run supports Soles4Souls - we decided to take it a step further than the registration donations and do our own shoe drive! We collected DOZENS of shoes to send!
- Kids Dash! We had kiddos from 2 months to 5 years - so we just gathered them up on one end of the tennis course, did some fun little stretches and let them take off! Mardi Gras beads (from the dollar store, duh) for medals!
- Cheering Squad! We're all mom-powered over here so we didn't have a crowd to cheer us on, but we did grab a supportive grandma to come and take pictures and cheer us on! I also brought maracas and jingle bells for my kids to use to cheer everyone on!
- Photo Prop! It's not an i am STRONG like MOM event without a photo prop! Ours was just a cardboard cut out with some spray paint and glitter! Every mama and her squad got her picture taken after crossing the finish line!
The community and friendships built while sweating behind those 3 wheels is truly priceless. I am so thankful for the strong mamas in this community! We had such a great time and can't wait to do it again! In the meantime, I've been gushing over all of the other awesome virtual runners clocking their runs in from coast to coast! Just check out the hashtag #StrollerStrongVirtualRun on Instagram for a super inspiring feed!
If you're one of our runners, be sure you share and tag your race pictures and enter the official drawing to be entered to win prizes from BOB gear (new stroller, y'all!), Momentum Jewelry, Koala Clip, BolderBands and Momsanity! You've got until 11/15/18 to enter!